Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bittersweet Day

Well today was my first piggy 'trade in.' I admit that I got a little too attached to Mama, and was sad to take her back to the shelter. But she is so lovely there is no doubt that someone will take her home. Same goes for Pixie. They did not appreciate the massive thunderstorm last night, and it disrupted our snuggle time, but I got to kiss them bye-for-now.

I came home with Kipper, an adult male who has never really been held. He came to the shelter as a baby, and has not gotten enough love to make him tame. He is dappled red and white, with short and long hair and red eyes. A very cute fellow. I am excited to hold him and spoil him with love and food so he learns to trust human hands.

My cats were confused when I took their "Piggy TV" from them (they LOVE to sit and watch what the pigs are doing), but now they are happily sitting on their kitty tower peering at their new housemate. They are good kitties and never reach in to bother the guineas, but they do like to watch them run around, like a TV set with their favorite show on all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment